Saturday 19 March 2022

IVL Hecho Dotty Jacket

I just love my new jacket. It's giving me a very couture vibe. This is the Dotty jacket by ivl_hecho and it features a tailored and cropped bodice with set in sleeves that are contoured to fit - they come in 2 pieces! 

The jacket is fully lined so technically, you can make the jacket reversible - I didn't cos I chose to line this with voile in a colorful print. 


The pattern has 2 different sleeve lengths, full and 3/4 length and patch pockets (which I omitted) and also an option to make it sporty with a zipper closure. 


The Jacquard I used had lovely raised designs which I loved and the white made the jacket really classy. One thing to note though - jacquard frays like crazy! I had to serge all the edges to keep it from disintegrating as I sew! 


All worth it though. Don't you think? I added a rose brooch which belonged to my mum and I think it fits really nice too! I like how I can wear this with a fitted dress or a pants/ top and both will look elegant and professional. The addition of the brooch also helped elevate the outfit. 

If I were to make it again, I will prob hack a pocket along the contour seam on the inside of the jacket. That would be such a lovely detail! 

Here's the direct link to the pattern:

https://www.ivlhechoconamor.com/listing/1182355030/women-short-jacket-sewing-pattern-short










2 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice pattern but I can't find any sizing information 😥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihi! It's actually under their "about page" u can scroll right to the women size chart: https://www.ivlhechoconamor.com/about

    Hope that helps u!

    ReplyDelete