Monday 21 March 2022

WBM half zippered sweater and sweatpants

 


I recently tested for Wardrobe by me's half zippered sweater and sweatpants and halfway through the testing, I caught the covid virus and was practically down for 11 days or so. Thankfully, during the really feverish period of the illness, I was able to recover in comfort wearing this. 


In fact, I think I lived in this exact combi of top and bottoms for about 3 days... oops. 

I don't own a lot of cold weather clothes so this test came just at the right time. I love the fit of this. The ease is perfect for lounging around. And that inseam length for the shorts is really great - not too short and not very long either. 


This was the first time I attempted a half zippered pattern. I took my time with the zipper application and I'm really proud to say that I managed to do this on my first try! The key is to go slow, pin pin pin and use the correct zipper foot! I'm usually a clips-person but for this, I really pinned the entire length of the zipper down and took my time. 

The hardest part was probably aligning this such that when the zipper is fully zipped, the necklines are aligned. Again, this is where pinning a lot helps!

I used a plastic zipper with a fancy zipper pull and I saw others use metal ones too. I think the choice of the zipper can greatly change the look and feel of the sweater so do play around with the combination and have fun! 

When I finally recovered from Covid - which was after the release of the half zippered sweater, I also went ahead to make my second pair of the sweatpants. This time in full sweatpants length but in ottoman knit and hemmed without elastic so that I can make secret pajamas.


And secret pajama pants they are indeed. Here's the pants paired with my Mirri top and I think the combi is definitely suitable for work! 


This is my first time working with ottoman knit fabric and one thing I realise about it is that it can be quite drapey! I am thinking of what else I can make with these lovely knit fabric that's so easy to work with. 


My favorite part about this pants pattern are the way the pockets are constructed. I love that the construction meant that the pockets stay put and will not be pulled out easily. The pocket opening also looks really nice and neat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment