Thursday 17 March 2022

Designer Stitch Cherish Wrap Dress

 



I was happy to be back testing for Designer Stitch. So far the patterns she has are really flattering on me and I know my adjustments for her block which makes it so much easier to make new patterns of hers knowing exactly what I need to do to make the dresses I sew from her patterns fit me. 

Just look at the back of that dress! 


Now this Cherish Wrap dress is a true wrap dress and what that means is that technically I can gain some weight or lose some and it will still fit me. That said, we all know the worry when it comes to wrap dresses - does it fly open and reveal your legs? 


Well, I'm happy to report that this wrap keeps you covered well even on windy days! 


Here's a close up look of the wrap. there's a small opening on the side for the wrap ties to go around ur body and it is long enough for me to tie a pretty bow or even go 2 rounds if I wish. In this closeup, I wrapped it a little lower - great for date nights! While, in the photos I took outdoors, you can see that I wrapped it a little higher cos running around with children means I rather be sure that I will not reveal too much when doing mummy things. 

You can't really see it here - I blame it on my choice of fabric print, but the skirt is actually pleated and darted! That helps with the shaping alot and you can see how it really wraps ard beautifully. This version I made is with Rayon Spandex - I forgot from where since I have had this fabric in my stash for a while now - I guess I meant it for Cherish and just didn't know it till now! 

The actual dress pattern has sleeveless and also sleeved options. The sleeved options include short, 3/4 and long. The dress length I selected was the longer version and there is also a slightly shorter one for those who prefer it above the knee. 

I also saw a tester who did a top version which was SO CUTE. 

Thank you for reading my review of the dress. If you would like to purchase it with my aff link it is here below:


No comments:

Post a Comment