Thursday 19 November 2020

Designer Stitch Stacey Dress

I had a chance to be part of Designer Stitch's "Roadies" or so their testers were called. It was an interesting and fun experience and I got to test for a really simple sew - Stacey dress

Why did I apply for the Stacey Dress Test? If you know me well, take a look at the dress and have a guess! 😆


There's a front tie feature! Yay! Love love love that! I had a few pieces of georgeous scuba fabric in my stash just waiting for the right pattern to come along and this is IT! The marble effect scuba and this Stacey dress just went together so beautifully. 

To think I almost destashed the marble scuba fabric cos I didn't know what to do with it! Good thing Stacey pattern test came along when it did! 

Now I did say this was a fast sew. How fast? With projector sewing, I was done cutting and sewing this in less than 3 hours. Super fast! I choose the 2nd shortest dress length for this particular dress because the neckline was a V-neck and I think it turned out rather lovely! There's a total of 4 dress lengths and 1 top length so you probably can find the right length for your needs! 


My first Stacey dress (or my toile) was this one in lovely chinese ink landscape print. Also a scuba fabric, I selected the shortest dress length mainly to accommodate the directional print. To balance the short length, I selected the round neck line (there's also a turtle neck but it is almost always too hot here in Singapore to wear turtle necks!)


I matched this with high heels and a beautiful me-made tote bag. Psst, I'll be writing another post about the tote bag pattern soon! (It's free!!!)


The Stacey Dress has a centre back seam which meant that you can easily fix any sway back issues you may have and the 2 back darts help give you a beautiful silhouette. 

I'm loving my 2 Staceys. Hope they inspire you to make yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment