Tuesday 5 January 2021

Sewing the Teloujay Bag


My first bag sew of the year is a new-to-me bag pattern from Country Cow Designs called the Teloujay Bag. It was free to their FB grp members but unfortunately the group has been archived. Thankfully, you can still buy the pattern (and it is worth buying!) from her site and it's just £2.00!

This version I made is the smaller one. If you watch her video tutorial, you will know she preferred the tall version, but I kind of liked the aesthetics of the smaller version. Good thing there's options! I really enjoyed the video tutorial, it helped to watch and do together with the video!

The exterior pocket has magnetic clasp and rivets on both sides. I definitely need more practice with my rivet installation cos i spoil about 50% of what i use 🤣

The interior is closed with a magnetic clasp as well. The inner zipper compartment has card slots too. All lovely details that add to the beauty and function of this bag 💗

I used my domestic sewing machine Brother FS101 for this and it was tough going through all the layers especially the last part when i have to edge stitch the top. I think there was skipped stitches even though i went very slow and used a bigger needle. Tip: try to use a longer stitch length (i used 3.5) and a bigger sized needle e.g. 100 or 110. I had to go really slow and even then, my machine still could not take the bulk. Perhaps I shld try to trim the foam a lot more in the future!

I do want a better machine now though. Something that can take thicker layers hahaha. Maybe a birthday present for myself this year hehe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment