Saturday 5 December 2020

Sew PDF Holiday Showcase

Are you in the habit of sewing gifts for the holidays? 

I only started sewing last year so I hadn't started any tradition of sewing gifts. In fact, I probably can count with both hands the number of gifts I sewn for friends and family over this 2 beginning years of sewing (masks not included of course - i sewn too many masks to count) 

As my skills improve, I feel more confident gifting me-mades to people and I'm hoping that they love the things I made too! If you are in the market for patterns to make holiday gifts, there's a 1 stop holiday gifting pattern ideas shop you can go to that showcases more than 1 pattern companies! 

I'm talking about the Sew PDF site! What's special about this site is that it works with indie pattern designers that are less well known but who have some lovely patterns just waiting for us to discover them! 

I've been busy sewing up several of their showcased patterns and here are some of them to hopefully inspire you!

Cufflet pattern by Make it Last Great for using up all your knit remnants and it is rather useful as well! 
Rogue Cloak by Buttons and Bibs If you don't know the recipients' size, this can be quite forgiving so you can probably guesstimate it hehe. Also, it is such a lovely cloak!

Mabel by Goober Pea Design I made the handkerchief skirt but there is also a super cute circle skirt version and they also have puffed sleeves!
Split Pea by Goober Pea Designs This is one of our favorite for running around and playing cos of the looser fit. 
Copeland Cardi by Tie Dye Diva I made the shortest version cos it reminded me of my teenager days but there's also a top length version is very flattering!
I made a twinning set of us and LOVE it. It's flattering and there's so many options i have more lined up! 
Arthur's Chinos by Suco by Susana Hands down, this pair of pants has the best zipper fly I have ever made! The instructions are so great! I love the button elastic back cos then he can continue to wear this as he grows. YES! 

Overlay Dress by Designs by Call Ajaire for those of us who are experiencing summer now, here's a lovely summer top for little girls. This one here is made with a lightweight cotton woven main and double gauze overlay. When making ur own, don't forget to use a lightweight drapey woven for the overlay for best effect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment