Sunday 6 December 2020

Designs by Call Ajaire: Overlay dress

After I made this dress, i felt it needed a post all for itself cos I loved it so much! 

I decided to start my Chinese New Year sewing early cos I knew my work schedule for next year is crazy. No procrastination here!

This watermelon double gauze fabric was bought some time ago just for CNY sewing but I haven't decided on a pattern when i got it. I bought from nekoneko.co a red watermelon and a yellow watermelon double gauze, intending for the kids to twin. 

The boy (who is fussier) got to choose first and since he picked yellow, the red watermelon naturally goes to my girl. 

I think she wears it well! This pattern is the Overlay dress by Designs by Call Ajaire. To be honest, I had my eyes set on another pattern of hers initially -- raglan party dress, but that one had no layers, no A0 and obviously no projector file as well. For a sewist spoilt by my projector, i just didn't wan to do the paperwork.. so i decided to give the overlay dress a go instead. And I am so glad I did! It's just about the perfect pattern for a cute watermelon dress!

She had so many compliments today about her pretty watermelon dress. I can't wait to make the yellow one into a twinning shirt for my boy. 

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment