Monday 30 November 2020

Goober Pea Designs Sugar Pea



I bought this Ultraman knit for myself cos i love chibi Ultraman; not just any Ultraman - it has to be CHIBI Ultraman 😆 (It's a long story why... i don't even watch Ultraman shows)

But anyway, I made 1 tank top for me, another for my boy but was struggling to think of what to make for my little girl with this fabric. Then it struck me: Sugar Pea would be PERFECT for this! 


Projector cutting meant that I can do a very decent pattern placement - LOOK! The biggest chibi ultraman is centred in the bodice! (cheap thrill i know =p) And it is so fast too. The projector files of Goober Pea Designs are very good. She takes feedback very seriously so her projector files have all the pattern pieces "opened" up with the fold line still clearly drawn so you can cut folded or opened - the option is yours! 

This little one is still wearing baby sizes which has 3 tiered skirt options but I skipped that cos I wanted the skirt to be a plain black and red - look how pretty the contrast is! But imagine 3 tiers on a cute little baby 💓💓💓

The sizes on Sugar Pea goes from 0-3 months in baby sizes all the way to 14 youth. The bigger baby sizes and the smaller kid sizes actually coincide too. The difference? Baby sizes have shorter skirts which are better for crawling babies and baby sizes have 3 tiered skirts while the kid sizes have just 2 tiers. 

The main fabric I chose for this dress is CL, the skirts are modal. Modal skirts have a great drape which makes modal a lovely choice for our Sugar Pea. 

Shop at Goober Pea designs here

No comments:

Post a Comment