Sunday 5 July 2020

Baby Camilla


It's been a long while since we can go out and explore our parks and play outside. To commemorate going out for some exercise, I made a summer dress for the little one.

 This is Camilla by Simple Life Pattern Co!


Don't you just love the straps and the scalloped back? I used a discontinued print by Laura Blythman that I bought from Spotlight. (Recognise it? I used this to make a backpack for the girl!)


The dress comes in top, vintage and dress length and has tiered skirts too. I made mine with a sweetheart neckline but there's also the classic scoop neckline.

Some people worry about sewing scallops cos if not done right, it just doesn't look as good. Here's what I have learnt: clip clip and clip ur seam allowance! Especially at the corners, really take ur time to clip the seam allowance down to make sure that it turns out right, using a chopstick to poke at the curves. Then iron it crisp so that it stays in that shape and top stitch! 






No comments:

Post a Comment