Wednesday 17 March 2021

Mashing Gold River Adventure Dress with Poulsbo Joggers to create overalls!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I tested the Goober Pea Design's Gold River Adventure dress and since then, I made a few more Gold Rivers in both woven and knits and it has always been a hit with this little one. 

Throwback photos of my tester makes:

Today, I want to show you my latest Gold River Adventure Dress hack! I'm calling it my Gold River Adventure Overalls. =) 

This was mashed with the Poulsbo Joggers from Rain City Pattern Co. A quick review of these joggers - these are not tight fitting joggers, they are loose yet there's still shape to the legs. My girl loves wearing these because they are more comfortable than leggings which are sometimes too tight for her liking.  

Because these joggers are incredibly comfortable for my little one, I thought they were a perfect option to use to make my hacked overalls. It also helps that the instruction comes with the option of yoga band and elastic band so I can change the rise of the pants to suit my girl's height. 


To decide on the rise, I used an existing Gold river adventure dress and Poulsbo Joggers that I already made and wore it on her, then I decide how much more rise to add to the joggers to make it comfortable for her to wear as overalls. 

Based on the cutting chart, I decided that cutting on the line just above the yoga waistband cut line will be sufficient enough for my girl (she isn't very tall!) 



I then followed the instructions as per Goober Pea's blog on how to mash pants pattern with gold river to get my overalls. It fitted on the first try! Yay!


She's trying to tell you her joggers are very comfortable in the bum area in that photo above hehe. 

One good thing about using the RCPC pattern with the GPD one is that I found the 2T sizes matched in the waist area so I didn't have to adjust the waist to match! You may wish to check if the size you need is the same! 


Hope you liked my post and the look of this overalls! If you wish to purchase either of these patterns, I hope you can consider using my aff links here:

No comments:

Post a Comment