Monday 8 February 2021

Goober Pea Design Hip 2 B square tee

One of my favorite Boy t-shirt pattern (It's actually a unisex pattern but I use it mainly for my boy) is the Hip 2 Be Square Tee from Goober Pea Designs

I love it because of how flexible it can be. It's lovely as a simple tshirt. You can also use up remnants if you use the color blocking options. If you got a cute woven fabric you want to feature, you can also do just that! Imagine a woven fabric, used in a comfy knit t-shirt! It's brilliant! There's also fancy sleeves options with a square cut out if you wish to do that! 

Here's just some of the MANY MANY hip 2 be squares I have made over my 2 plus years sewing. 

This first one is made with a WOVEN panel. I had a glow in the dark dino fabric my little one insisted on wearing. I used it in the colorblocked version of hip 2 be and it worked perfectly! The knit portion is swafing jersey. 


Here, you see a pajamas I made with the fancy sleeve stripes version of hip 2 be. It is made with a 2 way knit that had poor recovery so I made it bigger for a comfy fit since he likes his PJs soft and loose. 


This is a t-shirt made with a lego remnant I scored from a destash. That piece of remnant wasn't big enough for much so it went to the front panel in this shirt and he loved it!


Here's another with black Cotton lycra and dino double knit.


This one is made with non-stretch knit. So that means even if your knit has zero stretch, it works! (Just size up for comfort and remember to use rib knit for the neckband!)


So, there's my short blurb on the hip 2 be square tee. 

It appears that you can use practically any kind of fabric for the centre panel e.g. woven for the centre panel, and for the entire shirt, if u wish to use a knit with very little stretch, just size up and use a good and stretchy rib knit for neckline. Of course, 2 way and 4 way knits works perfectly well! 

Hope this helps you! Thank you once again for reading! Click here to start shopping! (aff link)

No comments:

Post a Comment