Thursday 10 December 2020

Summer days, Summer Sewing~

Where I live, we get summer pretty much all year round! So while most of my northern hemisphere friends are sewing up for cold weather, I still need to ensure I have a decent summer wardrobe! 

Since it is the school holidays, this is the best time for me to sew up on summer staples: shorts, tees, that kinda thing. It also means I have time to sew for family too! 

Here's a top I made for my mum that I paired with shorts meant for me! 


Despite our height differences, (I'm a little taller) we wear pretty much the same size clothes so I can model the clothes for her (she's shy!) This top is Winter Wear Design's Traveller Tee and it's a raglan top that you can make with a woven panel. COOOOL! 

I had a piece of textured Japanese Dobby fabric that I bought some time back that I realised was too small for most woven top patterns (always buy more than 1 yard!!) and I was just feeling sad about it when I realised I can use it with Traveller Tee! And because it has texture, I thought pairing it with a navy stretch crepe knit would be lovely and I like to think that it really is cute! 


In fact, I have half a mind to not gift it hehe (actually no, I will gift it then I will go back to that shop and buy the same fabric to make another to twin with her! yay!)

The shorts that I am wearing with this is the Endless Summer Shorts. This one I made is with a cotton sateen twill that gets really soft and comfy with every wash. I like how the shorts look on me though now that I am older, I think I would extend the inseam just a tad more cos I prefer more coverage these days hehe. (As I am typing this, I do realise just how old I sound lol!)

Front view:

Back view:


Both Traveller Tee and Endless Summer Shorts are great staple patterns to have in your pattern stash and you can really get a lot of sews out of them! 

They are on sale for a very limited time ($3 each!) now for WWD 12 Days of Christmas so don't miss out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment