Thursday 8 October 2020

Pattern feature: Neck Tie top by Winter Wear Designs

If you know me, you would know that I love me a good classic top in black or blue. It's just MY color and so easy to match. 

When I saw Winter Wear Design's neck tie top, I knew it would make a really classy staple wardrobe piece so I went searching for the right fabric in my stash. I found a beautiful black modal fabric, very thin, with a slight sheen and very drapey - PERFECT! And so, I set to work! 


Projector sewing meant this was an incredibly fast sew. The entire top took me 2 hours from cutting to sewing to finishing. Winter Wear Design's many patterns have projector files and the pattern designer Suzanne Winters take all feedback seriously so she is constantly making improvements to her projector files to make it more user friendly for us projector users. 💗💗💗

I love how this top paired with a cute pencil skirt is giving me a Friday night OL (office lady) vibe. I can see professionals wearing this to work in the day then going for dinner in a fancy restaurant after. 


What is great about this is that with a different fabric you can have a very different look, as you can see from the photos in the listing here or in the blogposts linked below. I made my top with the cuffed bishop sleeves for a soft, romantic look which I felt was very flattering. There's also a beautiful gathered poet sleeve which is shorter and really cute. In fact there are three sleeve options, so you can choose the sleeve option that works best for your shape! 


Let's talk about the neck tie! The pattern piece included notches for you to position the tie as per pattern instructions - great if you want to achieve the same look as shown in the listing photos. But, if you are like me, you may prefer to try on the top before sewing on the neck tie and adjust your tie in the mirror to decide the right angle for you. Initially, I thought I may prefer it tied right in the middle, but in the end, I shifted it slightly to my right and marked the position before sewing. Sewing your own clothes means being able to decide on small things like this to make the clothes truly yours! 


And yes, before I forget, the top can be hemmed the usual way or banded. AND if u band it, technically, you wouldn't need to cover stitch anything! YAY! I also happen to think that banding it means that wearing it over a pair of jeans like this can change up the outfit to a more casual look. So cute! 

And finally, if my make excites you, here's something that makes the pattern even more exciting:

The neck tie top is on release pricing of just $3 from October 7th to October 13th 2020!! 

Then after, it will join the $5 Wardrobe builder group! Yay for a great pattern in a great price!


Don't miss any of the other WWD bloggers' version of the Neck Tie Top!

Wednesday 10/7

Thursday 10/8

Friday 10/9

Monday 10/12
Aurelie of Maglice&So

Tuesday 10/13
Donnisha guest posting at Winter Wear Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment