Sunday 2 August 2020

Hacking the S.U.A.T Shirtzie Dress

I got to admit, when I first saw Shirtzie by S.U.A.T (Stitch upon a time) I hesitated. Mainly because I seldom wear such low cut dresses (I'm pretty flat chested lol #sayitlikeitis) and the cross front bodice looked really low on some testers! 

However, there was the option of the scoop neck which looks lovely. And what sold this pattern was the fact that there are instructions to guide you on adding bra Cup pockets to the bodice! (That means you can go braless!) Talk about a summer staple! 


You can see that I embraced the cross front bodice here and tried it anyway. I love this! It's modest enough for me that I can see myself going to dinners wearing this (maybe not work cos I teach teenagers and you know how they are!) and the most important thing is this cross front doesn't reveal too much when I bend over =p Yes. It's very important for me not to have any wardrobe malfunction =p

So where's the hack I hear you ask? 

Well... I actually made this dress with 2 fronts instead of 1! 


Tadah! This is the SAME DRESS, worn the other way around! Now I have a scoop neck dress! 

Don't you love it when you can wear a dress in more ways than one? 

I love how the scoop neck is much more modest in front and I can definitely wear this side in front for work while keeping the cross front for date nights. 

But ready to see the backs?


This is the cross front on the back. It fits very nicely and makes my back look really good! And for work, I just wear a light cardigan over it. Perfect! 


 Similarly, here's the beautiful scoop neck on the back!

Are you inspired to try a 2 fronts Shirtzie dress now? Let me know if you do! I would love to see your version! 

And yes, I must say this: THERE'S POCKETS! Pockets is a BIG reason why self-made dresses rock. 

Fabric info: Bodice in Milk Silk, Skirt in modal fabric. (from destash.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I'm in love with this dress !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank u for commenting and letting me know! I'm so happy that there's someone sharing my love for this beautiful dress!! 🥰

      Delete