Tuesday 16 June 2020

Pattern Testing - Baby Opal by Simple Life Pattern co.

Here's my latest completed Pattern Test:

Baby Opal by Simple Life Pattern Company





I pattern test to "try" Pattern companies that are new to me and also cos sometimes I need a deadline to help 'motivate' me when it comes to sewing stuff that isn't very fast like knit dresses =p

I admit I haven't been sewing many woven clothing because it's just "more work" cos we have to iron and prep the seam allowances and you can't 'just serge' everything =p

But I have got many PRETTY woven fabrics in my stash that begs to be used! So I told myself to sign up for more woven pattern test just so that I WILL use these beautiful woven fabric!

But enough about that, back to Baby Opal!

So what I liked about this dress pattern is the sheer number of options that are available for me to choose:

Gathered skirt/Circle Skirt / Wrapped skirt (with gather or circle options!)
Simple Skirt / Ruffle Skirt
Top/Tunic/Dress lengths
Sweetheart neckline/straight neckline
Front faux sash or none
Back tied bow / Front side bow or no bow

With just this one pattern, I can make so many different clothings! (I really love the simple dress look - so that is next on my ever-expanding list of things to make!)

Another thing that is great about this pattern is that it has tie on straps. cos that means it can technically 'grow' with your child! Cos some children grow taller rather than wider so u can simply re-tie the straps as they grow (WIN!) 


Don't you love how poofy the skirt is? Good for preventing wardrobe malfunctions especially when u have a little girl that is very very active!


 The fabric I used here is an Alice in Wonderland print I found in an online shop. I must be honest - when I got this fabric I was wondering "what was I thinking!?" cos it wasn't as cute as when i saw it in photos but then once it was made into a dress.... I'm in love! So So cute!!

It's ON SALE NOW! So do get it!!

Baby Opal by Simple Life Pattern Company (Baby sizes: NB to 2T)
Girl Opal by Simple Life Pattern Company (Girl sizes: 2T to 12 YO)

Don't like gathering much? Here's a little trick i learnt 

No comments:

Post a Comment